Please upgrade your browser.
5th Annual Toy Makers Competition
Do you love creating your own toys? Submit YOUR original toy designs!
About the Competition
The Westport Arts Center knows that there are no better experts when it comes to toys and games than kids! Our fifth annual Toy Makers Competition invites young designers ages 5 - 12 to submit their ideas for new and innovative toys. Each child may submit up to 3 design concepts that capture their creativity and imagination. Both traditional and electronic games are acceptable, but the designers should ask themselves not only what they are but how they would be made.
Prizes will be awarded in three age groups: Ages 5 - 6, 7 - 9, and 10 - 12
Shake Shack Gift Card
Boundless Brooklyn Shake Shack Model Kit
A scholarship to a WAC summer camp of your choice
2nd & 3rd place:
Gift Certificate to the Westport Arts Center
3 finalists from each age group will be chosen to present their toy designs to 3 judges on Family Art Day, March 20. Each toy designer will describe their inspiration, how their toy works, and why it will be a successful toy. Children will present independently while parents and friends wait outside of the interview room. The judges will then select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
Judges are looking for toy designs that are:
• Unique, original and imaginative
• Easy to use and understand
• Able to be recreated and produced in real life
• Descriptive in how the toy will be made and used
Eligibility & Guidelines:
• Children ages 5 - 12 are eligible to submit .
• Submissions must be created on 8.5x11” paper.
• 3D creations must be photographed and printed on 8.5x11” paper.
• Descriptions can be attached to the back of designs.
• All participants must have parental consent.
• Finalists must be present on March 20.
• Toys do not need to be recreated for the presentation, but finalists may make a prototype if they wish.
How to Submit
• Submissions are due by 5pm on March 5
• Entry fee: $10 per child
• Mail the entry form and up to 3 artworks per child to:
Toy Makers Competition
Westport Arts Center
51 Riverside Avenue
Westport, CT 06880
• For more information, contact Education Director, Lindsay Heffernan.
• Finalists will be notified on March 15.
• The winning Toy Makers announced at Family Art Day, Sunday, March 20, 11am - 1pm.
• All winners will be posted on www.westportartscenter.org
|NeonCRM by Neon One|